The Princeton University Physics department is seeking an electron beam lithography technician to support quantum device development and research. This is a one year term position with the possibility of renewal.
The core responsibilities of this position require the successful applicant to:
- Work in a clean room environment.
- Develop and maintain fabrication processes for semiconductor/superconductor quantum devices.
- Stabilize existing sample fabrication processes and develop more sophisticated sample fabrication capabilities based on the existing tool set.
- Experienced in multi-layer electron beam lithography (Elionix preferred), metal deposition, and liftoff processes.
- Ability to work in a large research group with graduate students and postdoctoral fellows.
- Ability to generate monthly progress reports and process stability checks.
- Experience with optical lithography using both stepper and mask aligners, thin film deposition of metal/dielectrics with physical vapor deposition, electron beam evaporation, thermal evaporation, and sputter deposition.
- Experience with reactive ion etching and wet etching of metal/dielectrics and related electrochemistry.
- Experience with multilayer mask design and CAD tools and characterization tools such as scanning electron microscope, atomic force microscope, X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy, and SIMS analysis.
- BA/BS in electrical engineering, physics, materials engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Willingness to work with solvents and acids, including hydrofluoric acid.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds and stand for two hours.
- The final candidate will be required to complete a background check successfully.
- Experience with process development, fabrication troubleshooting and statistical process control.
- Familiar with material processing for cryogenic superconducting devices (detector arrays, etc.)
- MS/PhD in electrical engineering, physics, materials engineering or related field or equivalent practical experience.
Apply at https://jobs.princeton.edu requisition number 1500701.